Whether a Shore Excursion from the port of Naples, or a Day Trip from Rome, you’ll enjoy an exciting journey into Italy’s breathtaking region of Campania to visit the ancient Roman city of Pompeii, taste the flavors of Sorrento, and experience the breathtaking seaside town of Positano in the comfort of your own private deluxe vehicle driven by a RomeCabs English speaking Driver eager to help you have a most unforgettable experience in Italy.
Day Trip From Rome: Your Rome Cabs professional Driver will pick you up at your hotel in Rome at 8:00 AM, and bring you back at approximately 7:00 PM. We suggest you wear comfortable shoes as this tour includes walking on possible uneven ground.
Pompeii and Amalfi Coast are both UNESCO World Heritage Sites and among the most visited destinations in Italy.
This day tour excursion highlights the best the Campagna region has to offer from the impressive ancient city of and archaeological park of Pompeii, to lunch by the sea in enchanting Sorrento and a stroll through the charming seaside village of Positano.
Our first stop will be at the archaeological site of Pompeii, a former prosperous ancient Roman town that became entombed in volcanic mud when Mount Vesuvius erupted in 79 AD.
It wasn’t until about 1,500 years later that first excavations began in Pompeii, and excavations continue even now.
Pompeii existed even before it became a Roman city. It is believed to have been founded sometime in the 7th or 6th century BC by the legendary Osci, an Italic civilization that was once a rival of Rome. The root of name Pompeii , "pompe", has been associated with the Oscan word for "five". In 80 BC, Pompeii became a colony of Rome as the Roman Republic expanded its territory.
The sudden eruption of the massive volcano killed the inhabitants of Pompeii and buried the city under tons of ash, thus preserving it for centuries.
Frozen in time, we get to see Pompeii how it was in its final monuments, its ell preserved artifacts and architecture offering detailed glimpses into this unfortunate ancient city.
Here you can walk in the footsteps of the ancient locals along the distressed cobble stone streets through the remarkable ruins of once impressive villas with vivid frescoes, apartment buildings, bars and workshops.
To get the most out of your visit to Pompeii we recommend a local licensed guide whose expert knowledge and detailed narrative will enhance your experience and understanding of this captivating ancient city. You may e-mail us for more information on booking a licensed guide and pricing.
Please note that private licensed tour guides operate independently, and are paid separately. See "Please Note" for more information on guided tours of Pompeii.
From here we will drive to the splendid coast town of Sorrento for lunch at a local restaurant.
Sorrento is a lovely seaside town overlooking the Bay of Naples and Mount Vesuvius in the distance. Renowned for excellent sea food, Sorrento makes an idea place to stop for lunch and a stroll.
Sorrento will enchant you with its rustic warm toned architecture, narrow lanes lined with an array of eye catching shops.
Aside from its famous Limoncello, the delicious lemon liquor, in Sorrento you will find shops selling fine ceramics, delicate lacework, and beautiful marquetry. If you are interested in souvenir shopping, Sorrento should be on top of your list.
Our tour continues as we drive on the famous windy roads along the coast of Amalfi to the stunning beach side town of Positano that sits impressively on the slope of a hill. Positano offers a splendid walk on the beach, a stroll through its charming windy lanes lined with cafes, boutiques, artisan shops and galleries.
From here your driver will take you back to your hotel in Rome.
Thank you for choosing Stefano's RomeCabs Limousine Car Service for your tours, shore excursions and transfers. We hope to see you soon in Italy!
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT INFORMATION BELOW AND OUR TERMS OF SERVICE PRIOR TO BOOKING YOUR SERVICE.
* The price of this “Pompeii and Amalfi Coast” Day Tour includes your own personal professional English speaking Driver with a private deluxe sedan or minivan, Italy’s VAT tax, fuel cost, and all applicable parking and toll fees.
* The price of this tour does not include entrance fees to any sites, lunch, gratuities, private licensed guides or any personal expenses.
* If you are pleased with the service you receive from your driver, 10-15% gratuity is customary in Italy.
* The total price for the tour is quoted per vehicle, not per person. Individuals sharing this tour may split the cost.
* Entry ticket price for Pompeii is currently 13 Euros per person to be purchased on site upon arrival.
* Please allow up between 1-2 business days for all email inquiry replies and service confirmations.
* Do you wish to book a tour for more than 8 persons?
Please click here to find out how to book multiple vehicles for parties larger than 8.
Payment for the tour will be made in Euro funds to your Driver at the end of your journey, or you may prepay in advance via PayPal. Please let us know when you book your tour if you prefer to pay in advance and just enjoy yourself on the day of your tour. We do not accept credit card payments.
This tour provides an English speaking driver who is not a Licensed Tour Guide
Italy enforces stringent laws and regulations to protect official licensed guides that make it illegal for Tour Drivers to act as a tour guide or accompany guests inside monuments, museums, or piazzas. Your driver will be obliged to remain with the vehicle while you sightsee.
* The windy and traffic prone roads in Naples, Sorrento and Positano require the Driver's full attention, therefore he will not engage in commentary inside the vehicle when it is considered an unsafe distraction to do so. Your safety inside the vehicle is out utmost priority.
Please let us know when you book your tour if you are requesting a private guide for Pompeii by checking the GUIDE option on your booking form. Payment for private guides is made directly to the guide in Euro funds at the end of the tour.
The standard Pompeii tour lasts 2 hours at a total of 120 Euros. Payment will be made directly to your private tour guide at the end of the Pompeii tour.
IMPORTANT TOUR GUIDE DISCLAIMER: Private licensed tour guides are not employees or affiliates of RomeCabs as they operate independently as a separate entity. We only book the private guided tours on your behalf as a complimentary service for our clients. We receive no compensation or benefit in any way from the hired guides for booking their services for our clients. We recommend their services based on their lawful qualifications, expertise, professionalism and reliability and we have no control of the style of tours they provide.
Please be advised that Rome Cabs accepts no responsibility or liability for the style of tours Private Guides provide as they are not part of Rome Cabs company. Any issues you may have regarding your private guides must be addressed immediately to your Driver so they can be resolved on the spot. By allowing us to book a private guide on your behalf, you are entering an agreement that you fully understand and accept all the conditions above with no exception.
* Please note that unexpected traffic delays and road closures in Positano and Naples area may happen. In rare cases when it is not possible to reach Positano, your tour will be extended in Pompeii and/or Sorrento, depending on when this information is made available to us. Please note that road closures and traffic delays may happen unexpectedly which are beyond our control. We accept no responsibility of unexpected road closures that may cause traffic delays which extend the duration of your driving time either arriving in or leaving the Amalfi Coast.
* On weekends, national holidays, and the month of August thre may be unexpected traffic delays due to the popularity of Amalfi Coast among Italians and Europeans traveling by car. Please be prepared in event of extensive traffic if you wish to book your tour during these times.
Don’t worry, we don’t ask for your personal credit card information, require advance deposits to secure your tour, or penalize you for cancellations. We operate on the Honor System, so we kindly ask that cancellations be made at least 7 days in advance so we can rebook your service and your reserved driver does not lose work for that day. Thank you for your cooperation and consideration.
Before booking any services via this website you must first Read and Accept our Terms of Service.
For more answers to your questions, please visit our FAQ Page.
IMPORTANT: ALWAYS CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER.
If you submit a reservation or email and have not heard from us within 2 business days please check your spam folder. Hotmail and other email accounts arbitrarily sends legitimiate email correspondences into the spam folder (especially hotmail and msn accounts).
* Please wear comfortable shoes and clothing. Comfortable shoes are especially recommended inside Pompeii which has uneven terrain.
* There are many opportunities to take photographs and videos, so have plenty of film and batteries in your cameras for this tour!
* During the summer months be sure to wear sunscreen, sun glasses, and a hat.
* During your visit to Pompeii be sure you have a bottle of water with you. Your private tour guide can show you where you can refill your water bottle at fountains with drinkable water or where you can purchase beverages at the site cafe.
Click to Read more about our Pompeii, Sorrento and Amalfi Coast on our blog.